Re: Lots of Thank-You's...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Lots of Thank-You's...
  • From: "nick_towers2000" <nickt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:40:12 -0000

Well organised Mark & all, it was a great bash (unfortunately I had
to leave before the dems but I had a very enjoyable 3 hours).
I look forward to the next one, whenever that may be.
Thanks again
Nick

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark McCall" <mark@a...> wrote:
> Well...I'm back home after a hectic couple of days in London.
>
> Thanks to Paul for providing a bed in the hi-tech haven that is
Gordon Intercontinental (wireless broadband access was established
within minutes of arrival) and thanks too to Wendy for her
marvellous "full English" breakfasts and her navigational skills :)

> Thanks to everyone for making Friday such an enjoyable day! I think
I got speaking to most of you (apologies if I missed anyone!).
Thanks to the "advanced party" for getting there early and setting up
(James, Ian & Jenni, and Dr John).

> Thanks to James for administering the "Dinner Money".  BTW, the Old
Kings Head only took 140 quid off us so there was quite a bit of cash
over.  We gave 20 quid for the staff and even after putting the rest
behind the bar there was still 40 quid left at the end of the night.
James (now the official UKHA treasurer) is holding the money to use
next year.

> Thanks to the retailers that donated all those great prizes!
Comfort, KAT5, Laser and Lets Automate.  We had several hundred quids
worth over 16 prizes .  As someone's already said this meant around a
third of attendees went home with a freebie :)

> Thanks to Scott & Stephen from Intimac for their demo and the use
of their projector for the rest of the night.  It was interesting to
play with their Pogo too!

> Thanks to the "HomeAutomator" guys.  Who can ever forget the double
act that was Graham (2 Sheds) Howe and Andy (Pudding Bowl) Powell :)

> Thanks to Steve Gordon for his Comfort demonstration and the
interesting debate that followed.  The Comfort vs "ordinary" alarm
and HV debate will rage on.

> Thanks to Keith for his AV Jukebox software demo and for coming out
of his way again to collect me from, and leave me back to Luton
Airport (oooo weee oooo..).

> Special mentions for Kieran (turned up despite the fact he was in
the middle of moving flat) and Ian Bird whose SWMBO that was "heavy
with child" :)

> Sorry to anyone that I've forgotten.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark