RE: Split aircon

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Split aircon
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 16:55:12 +0100

Title: Message
I hang mine out of the window on my Grade II listed building and nobody has said a word. This is possibly because I didn't bother telling anyone after becoming increasingly frustrated with the rules that apply to me but seem to be ignored by my neighbours! If anyone does complain I shall simply lift the unit back inside (and put it out again after a couple of days).

It seems to me that there is a big difference between sticking a modern extension on an old house, or replacing the period windows with UPVC (both of which have happened in our village) and locating a non-permanent appliance on the wall. I would challenge you to find any pub for example (regardless of age and listing) that does not have at least one of these units outside. If you have the opportunity to disguise it in some way as with Tim's example then that is good, but mine is certainly visible (though not on the front of the house) as it is about 15 feet off the ground.

For what it's worth, I do not have a satelite dish and if/when I am finally forced to get one, then I will locate it somewhere in the garden as running long cable >from aircon would not be so easy).

Regards

Graham

P.S. If anyone from my local planning office is reading this then please enconomise on trips to the village by insisting that the brand new double glazing is removed from all of the front windows on the house opposite at the same time as you ask me to remove the aircon unit. :-)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here!