Suggestions please?

We’re about to break ground on a 1000 sq ft new build (1 June with a following wind). For those of you who don’t know, I’m confined to a wheelchair, which dictates my needs.

This is what I’m trying to achieve:

HARDWIRED lighting control – there will probably be in the region of 20 or so loads.

7 curtain tracks

Home automation controller – not necessarily combined with alarm, but I do want to be able to set up responses based on occupancy at certain times of the day, and for it to set a scene based on the door being opened, and the alarm being set.

IR control of all lights.

The obvious solution is Clipsal and Comfort, but are there any better alternatives? I have been looking at the offerings from www.centralite.com and www.homeauto.com (I know the UK distributor), but their solutions have a couple of holes which I can’t plug. I am willing to spend a reasonable amount of cash to get a good system, but I don’t see the point of spending more than is necessary.

I am meeting with the lighting designer that the builders usually use, but I’d like to get a few ideas first.

What would you install in my situation and why?

Tim.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor