Compaq Fingerprint Scanners

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Compaq Fingerprint Scanners
  • From: "Stuart Booth" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 00:08:53 +0100

I just configured my Server to allow logins via the fingerprint
scanner that has been discussed here in the past. I managed to
download the v3 BioLogon s/w from Gareth a while back and
luckily he still had the key code for the installer on his site as I
hadn't copied that. Sadly the v1.0 s/w that comes with the
scanner has a similar key which doesn't work for the v3.0 s/w.

It's VERY COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It enables a few biometric options which include configuring
fingerprints for each user account. It also replaces the traditional
login screen so that all I have to do now is touch the scanner and
it recognises who I am and logs me in !

AWESOME !!!

I configured the Administrator user with some fingerprints from
my left hand, and my normal user with fingerprints from my right
hand, so I can opt to login as whomever.

There are varying levels of security so that I can specify just a
single fingerprint, a fingerprint *and* a password, or up to two
fingerprints and a password, or some combination inbetween.

I have it configured to also allow password input 'just in case' at
the moment, but I could just as easily lock out all except fingerprint
access. Really easy install/setup routine too.

I'm massively impressed with this. Only costs =A320 too (normally
=A3100 apparently), and I'm *very* tempted to get one for work!!
<LOL>

Have a look on:

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/
Then do a "Power Search" (linked at the bottom of the page) for <= BR> "compaq scanner" which located it for me. I ordered about 3.30pm =
Tuesday and it arrived at lunchtime on Thursday, despite the web
page stating 3-4 days.

Stuart

--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""
<= b>Height:   4 5 6 7  ft = 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 in
We= ight:
Sex:   F M
3D""

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk