Re: OT - who has used PCB-pool?

Hi Ian,

I have used PCB Pool on numerous occasions. Which software do you use is the
first question? PCB Pool can accept a range of outputs direct from some
software. If your software is not supported, you need to package the Gerber
files with GC-Prevue which is free and available from www.graphicode.com.
The latest version is a bit trickier to use than the old versions, but
seeing as you have not used the old version, you should be able to get to
grips with it quickly.

I grabbed this from the PCB pool site and it shows the formats they support
without using GC-Prevue

TARGET User send their *.T2001 File.
EAGLE User send their *.BRD File.
PROTEL User send their *.PCB/DDB File.
ORCAD User send their *.MAX File.
Ultiboard User send their *.DDF File.
PROTEUS User send their *.LYT File.

I also noticed that they can do the Gerber files for you but there is a 29
Euro charge. Much better to do the Gerber stuff yourself.

You software should be able to output Gerber files (these are the standards
to which photo-plotters accept, a bit like post script and HPGL for printers
and pen plotters) The software needs to produce the apperture files too if
they are not embedded within the Gerber output (best to use this option if
you have it) and a drill file in Excellon format. Sounds complicated but
your software should produce these as standard if it has a CAM output.

Let me know which software you are using first and I will see what I can do
to help. If you would like to chat on the phone, let me know your phone
number and I will call you in the evenings.

Best regards
Dave...