Re: New Site - Your Opinion

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: New Site - Your Opinion
  • From: "i_lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 18:58:42 -0000

Huh??

This is strange.. I pass the validator a webpage I am working on,
which is a
framset, and it complains on this:

<frameset cols="180,810,*" border="0">

"Error: there is no attribute "COLS" for this element (in this HTML
version)"
"Error: element "FRAMESET" not defined in this HTML version"
"Error: there is no attribute "BORDER" for this element (in this HTML
version)

whilst, er, on this page... (HTML 4.01 Strict specification)
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/present/frames.html#h-
16.2.1

It says..

In the following example, the outer FRAMESET divides the available
space
into three equal columns. The inner FRAMESET then divides the second
area
into two rows of unequal height.

<FRAMESET cols="33%, 33%, 34%">
     ...contents of first frame...
     <FRAMESET rows="40%, 50%">
        ...contents of second frame, first row...
        ...contents of second frame, second row...
     </FRAMESET>
     ...contents of third frame...
</FRAMESET>

which is *always* how I have done framesets??

it says the same for any HTML version!!

any clues??

Ian

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor