Re: Source for DigiLiock

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Source for DigiLiock
  • From: "PatrickLidstone" <patrickl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 16:35:06 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "PatrickLidstone" <patrickl@t...> wrote:
> --- In ukha_d@y..., steve.cooper@u... wrote:
> > HERE'S THE PLAN
> > I want to set up a momentary switch and an iButton receptor at
> various
> > point around the house, garden and garage.  When a switch is
> pressed a flag or 5 second timer starts
> > and then the iButton is pressed against the receptor.  The
> controller now
> > knows which button was pressed and who did it.
>
> Use the same principle, but with bog-standard serial based i-Button
> readers. You can switch serial data using logic gates (although,
> depending on the chosen device, you may need to do level conversion
> first). Don't know if this solution fits with the HV bit of the
plan,
> though.

In fact, it's even easier than that - you can use 1-wire readers
wired in parallel to either a serial or parallel port reader.
No need for fancy electronics at all!

See http://www.ibutton.com/products/readers.html#touch

I think a DS9097U-S09 plus n DS9092 would do the job. You'll need a 1-
wire hub, or multiple DS9097U-S09 if you can't daisy chain the
readers in one long string.

Patrick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor