RE: I'm an arrogant sod with a beemer (was Symantec - Virus Warning Bulletin)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: I'm an arrogant sod with a beemer (was Symantec - Virus Warning Bulletin)
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 10:43:45 +0100

I can add some personal experience here.

I took one of the intensive courses over the course of a week, taking my
test on a Friday at 28 years old. It was *very* intensive. A CBT over a
weekend (Friday-Monday) 2-3 weeks before hand, and then 4 days of 9-5
followed by the test on Friday afternoon.

I then went out and bought a CBR600, but always rode within my
abilities, and started training for an Advanced Riding Test, every other
weekend. Once I'd got this under my belt, I did start looking for
further training, but bad weather and lack of availability always seemed
to get in the way.

I did have a rather nasty accident, but at the time I was doing around
20mph. It was the old classic - a car turning right in front of me
without looking. Unfortunately I'm no longer capable of riding bikes :(

It ain't the bikes that are dangerous, it's the riders, and more
importantly crap car drivers. I'm the first to admit it, I became a far
better driver once I'd spent some time on a bike, much more aware of
what was going on around me.

Tim.