RE: Silly question....

> Hi, I have just decided to try and wire up a couple of DIN modules
using
> 2 clipsal switches.
>
> I have 1 on/off switch and 1 momentary switch. The problem is they
have
> too many connections!
>
> The switch has 3 connectors:-
> C	Common?
> 1	Phase?
> 2	Neutral?
>
> If this is correct how do I connect it to the LD11?
>
> Also the momentary switch has 4 connections.
> I assume 2 are "press to make" or "press to
break"? but what about the
> others?

My clipsal switches for DIN modules are all momentary and just wired as
Live
and Switched Live to C and 1. One exception (2-way landing light) where I
used 2 for the "second live" (I forget the technical term if one
exists for
the extra live in 2-way apps) but more to keep it tidy than to actually
implement two way lighting since I don't actually need the second live any
more.

> Can anyone help me with this please as I do not know where to look?
>
> Lastly, what is the difference between an LD10 and an LD11? please do
> not say 1!.........assuming there is a difference.

IIRC the differences are Memory DIM and improved reliability. Not sure if
"Soft Start" came in with the LD10 or LD11.

I did a doc after my installation but I can't find it. If you don't manage
to get any further, let me know and I will try and find it on backup. I can
also charge up the digital camera to take some pics of the installed
switches if that would help.

HTH,
Mark.