Re: Got a noisy fan in your PC

On Friday 03 May 2002 13:29, you wrote:

> Ant you must tell us you're grip with Overclockers

I used to feel warm and fluffy about overclockers too, until I bought an
athlon xp2000+, an abit kr7a-raid mobo, and a geforce ti500, plus all the
usual extra bits.

Each component in itself is fine, but the combination (I later discovered) is
dodgy in the extreme: it's known as the "infinite loop" bug, the net result
of which is that my PC completely reboots without any warning approximately
every 5 minutes.

I have spent the best part of two months changing BIOSs, BIOS settings, every
variant of every released driver, registry tweaks, moving components around,
replacing components etc. until I was sick of the sight of the damn thing.

Now because each component is fine, I'd expect the likes of Scan etc to tell
me where to stick it, but I expected more support from Overclockers. After
all, they've had a lot of trade from me over the years, and profess to be
more supportive of the self-build community. I was surprised therefore that
they took the attitude they did.

The net result is that I'm left with 1000+ UKP-worth of junk, and I'm looking
at replacing the CPU, mobo, and probably RAM too at additional cost.

Needless to say, I won't be buying it from overclockers.

ant
--
ant@xxxxxxx                   /\/\                  www.ant.org
                              (`')