RE: IR Control & Other Stuff

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR Control & Other Stuff
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 19:33:40 +0100

CD Changers are so 90's :)  Start ripping to hard drive.  Much be= tter.
[Rob Mouser]
Hhhhmmm....been thinking about this but kept clear caus I don't know
what I'm doing. How good is the quality (In HiFi terms)? and how
could/would you control around the house, is their software that can be
networked or IR controlled? If the sound quality is there then I'm up
for the challenge!

> P.S. The house has been first fixed with over 30 Cat5 points

Well...that's about 2 rooms worth done then :)
[Rob Mouser]
Blimey you sent me into a panic then for a minute, so did a quick ready
reckoned from the plans + a quick call to my cable guy. There's actually 30 outlet points but 2 x runs of shielded CAT5 to each.

Went to an auction today and picked up a half height patch cab with sexy smoke glass door for =A375+VAT. Will strip it down at the weekend and
spray it satin black to match the hi-fi gear. Bargain!

> P.P.S. Have I gone completely mad!

If you have you'll fit right in :)

M.

The UKs Premier Home Automation Site