RE: Re: Homevision and web servers

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Homevision and web servers
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:17:39 +0100

It has inbuilt memory (48K) for web pages and just under 1K of variable space. There is going to be a larger space module soon. It attaches really easily - in fact it could be in an external box just onto the serial port and power (12v). That's just a cosmetic issue. I do not really need the port connections they just make it more functional. The memory restricts the use of fancy graphic pages at the moment unless they can be loaded of another external server somewhere.

    Patrick - It's not Rabbit based actually - much easier/quicker than that using a Site Player module, although less flexible.

    Kevin