Re: [OT] Re: TiVo to Offer AOL Services...

Gerard McGovern wrote:
> Whilst I can see your point, this deal with AOL seems very, very cool
> indeed.
>
> I'm not an average Internet user at all, however my IM usage probably
> equates to a couple of hours a day. If, when I'm watching TV, a little
> alert could pop up, scrolling a message from a friend or co-worker, that
> would honestly be the best thing since sliced bread :-)
>
> But like I said, I'm not an average Internet user.

I use IM a reasonable amount a day, and I have it available while on the
couch in front of the tv.... on my laptop..... This lets me do any IM
stuff at all, without interupting the TV for anyone else watching,
either in the same room, or on the other sets which get the output.....
When I *do* use the laptop as a video source for AVIs etc (it has TV Out
:) ) and I forget to log out of IM, it pisses me off to have log in
noises and people sending me messages noises through my speakers.....
and if running windowed and not full screen, the message window
obscuring the picture......!

But each to their own.....! :)

Doogie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor