Re: Micromodules....

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Micromodules....
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 14:49:26 -0000

Stuart,

my point is more that these features are built into US models, what
they have effectively done is reduce the functionality and increase
the price.

any company worth its salt would at least want to listen to what it's
users wanted..take a look at the Rio receiver... oh hang on bad
example... that's another rant...

Andy

--- In ukha_d@y..., Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@s...> wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 May 2002 15:22 pm, andy_powell_is wrote:
> > Actually if they had really thought about it in the first place
they
> > would not have the 'problem'..
>
> How many products/services/DIY projects/wiring projects/etc can you
say that
> about :-)
>
> > All they'd have to do is ask. There appears to have been no
> > consultation or interest shown in what the users of their products
> > want.. and.. as you say
> >
> > "If they don't sell (because of the price) then X10-Europe will
turn
> > round &  say "Look no-one wants status reporting, no-one buys the
> > modules when they have it"
> >
> > it's not because we don't want it it's because it's too fu*king
> > expensive...
>
> I totally agree, but it costs them money to conduct a survey,
whereas looking
> at how many units they sell is free, even if they do draw the wrong
> conclusions from what they see.
>
> --
>
> Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@f...>
> Chief Operations Officer