RE: Re: Micromodules....

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Micromodules....
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:31:50 +0100

It's a safety thing Andy. I had a situation where friends over for the
evening would leave the coffee maker on, and if we had a few too many
glasses of wine, we came downstairs in the morning to the smell of hideously
burnt coffee in a dried out pot..

add an AM10, and force the unit off at 11pm, hey presto, no more coffee
disasters.

I would love to have plugtop modules, and be able to flag certain items as
"heat safety" items, to be switched off after a certain period. what would
be great was some sort of intelligent local control.. so, it flashes the
power light and beeps, or something, to show it's about to switch off..
press a button to cancel...

that sort of thing ;)

Ian.