[OT] network problems guru req'd

  • To: "ukha_d" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] network problems guru req'd
  • From: "Robert Crawshaw" <golcarbob@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 01:32:35 +0100

Hello peeps :O)

Any network gurus out there ??
I have been trying to network my computers for the last 6 MONTHS!  i now
have 4 machines (thanks to Gareth for the Fuji which i was able to config
and connect in no time) and have managed to get 3 of them talking no problem
(Fuji win95, HA machine win98, spare machine win 98)  Via a 16 port hub, got
em all talking within 15 mins,  its my main PC i cant get to connect
:O(      (win ME)

I have tcp/ip addresses set correct, they are all the same numbers anyway
(apart from last 3 digits obviously)  all are using microsoft login  but
this one refuses to acknowledge ANY of the others,and the others wont
acknowledge IT

I have tried 2 different NICs and a USB network adaptor, tried 2 different
(homemade) cables which both test fine with a multimeter
Need any more info?

This is doing my friggin head in :O(
help...pleaseeee

tia

Robert Crawshaw                 http://www.golcarbob.com

The internet has had no effect on my life wwwhatsoever.com

I am Dyslexia of Borg            Your ass will be laminated

---

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor