-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Doxey [mailto:lists.diyha@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 April 2002 01:52
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Appliance Modules

Hi Brian,

There is NOTHING in an appliance module that could cause the lamps to
blow. The only thing in series with the live feed is a relay contact
which is exactly the same as a normal switch.

Have you checked the mains voltage in you area, if it is on the high
side it will drastically reduce the life of the bulbs. Also are the
bulbs 240V or 230V ?

I would suggest using a DIMMER module and running them at around 90-95%.
The loss of heat will be barely noticable but you should get a much
longer life from the lamps.

Many commercial buildings fit lamps of a higher wattage than needed then
dim them down to the correct level. This prolongs the life dramaticaly
saving them a fortune on lamp replacement costs ( the biggest part of
which is the labour for relamping)

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv