RE: [OTish] Electronics (for HA)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OTish] Electronics (for HA)
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:40:58 +0100

Andy et al

I will work up a page or ten on the way I produce my circuit boards.
Basically you throw money at it and have a laser printer for best results.
1) PCB design software 150 pounds - others available and cheaper, don't know
about quality
2) Print your masterpiece onto acetate (laser is best)
3) Plonk the acetate and PCB to be into the UV box - 100 pounds
4) Develop the PCB cos we are using photo etching - bargain at a few pence
5) Drop the PCB to be into the etching tank - 70 quid or so for tank, heater
and fish tank pump + chemicals
6) Take out your masterpiece and drill lots of holes in it with your dremmel
and stand - 100 pounds.

This is what I have paid to get the results you see. There is of course all
the time to learn how to use all this stuff as well. Never let it be said it
was easy or cheap. There are shortcuts but I don't regret spending this time
and money at all.

It must be said that the master Doxey gave me some invaluable pointers at
the beginning. Thanks again Keith.

Ian B

ype%20helper.htm (last picture on the page)

Andy