RE: Re: Idea for IR zoning with HV

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Idea for IR zoning with HV
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:21:32 +0100

I keep kicking myself because I write these lengthy replies instead of doing
the type of pages you describe. I must convert them into proper webpages
like I did with the recent reply on "Video Formats" that is now on
www.kat5.tv

Writing a book would be one in the eye for my old English teacher. I almost
failed CSE English but scraped by with a Grade 4. He failed to point out to
me that the books on the "suggested reading" list were actually COMPULSORY.
I spent the two years of my CSE couse reading and writing reviews on books
such as "Tape Recording and Hifi", "Stage Lighting" etc and he gave my book
reports quite good marks. However, when the exam came it was asking
questions about the Shakespere books I *should* have read. Ah well, cant
change that now and I doubt I would want to. I cant say that my ignorance of
Shakespere has been of an hinderance to me in later life but the information
I learnt from those books has been of far more use than anything they tried
to teach me :-)

As you say, time is a big factor but there are times when I can work on
webpages when I cant get on with any other work. Whenever I have a laptop
with me I can do a webpage whereas a lot of the KAT5 development requires
access to hardware.

I was worried that recieving a Fujitsu tablet would distract me from other
things but after a foolish mistake I have lost the use of my Fuji :-(

What happened..... well....
....to try to get it accepted into the family I decided to let Sharon and
Amber use it.

Amber is playing with "Calculator" to do some basic sums and yesterday said
"I want one of these in my bedroom". How many 5 year old want a touchscreen
computer !!!!

Sharon is "Resiliance Testing" the touchscreen playing games of Freecell in
record time.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv