RE: DOMAINS/Computer Names ( was...: Average Computing Devices\Person Ratio in UKHA households)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DOMAINS/Computer Names ( was...: Average Computing Devices\Person Ratio in UKHA households)
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:07:56 -0000

My computer names are all Lord of the Rings based with Gollum, Sam, Bilbo, Pippin, Merryadoc and of course the server Gandalf. I have also been using these names for a number of years and it has nothing to do with the recent popularity of the film.

Everything runs Win2K except wifeys and that is on 98. The only reason is because little Molly's games won't run under 2K because they are so crap.

Total is about 11 including Psions and ePods. No IPaq's I am sorry to say. Most are low spec with the main work PC being a 233/P2 :-(( Unfortunately they all do exactly what I need so no need to upgrade. Needless to say games are not played on them. They could probably do Quake but that's all. I looked at a flight sim the other day but it needed 6 times the processing power that I had available not to mention everything else so I sighed and turned the other cheek.

Ian B