Re: Average Computing Devices\Person Ratio in UKHA households

Steve wrote:

> Paul, what spec P1's are these? fast enough to play cd's which have
been
> ripped to mpg? fanless?
> If you live in the northwest i may be "divin" near your
house...

Assuming you actually mean MP3, then yes they are. I have a P75 here
with a passive heatsink from an old digital venturus desktop PC, I have
an AT PSU I am running fanless without a case around it other then the
PC case, and the whole thing barely gets warm.

The CPU is maxed pretty much playing the music so anything else will run
real slow, I tried it overclocked to 100 (33*3) but it wasnt stable, and
not much better in the UI dept.

To get around disk thrashing put loads of ram in the thing. It will
still spin up sometimes for no good reason however, even with swapfile
disabled.

All the musics on the LAN. Im planning on getting a IDE->CF adaptor and
boot linux off that..  LONG way off however..