Web control of DDARs

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Web control of DDARs
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:08:25 -0000

Guys,

It has been suggested, in the past, that the DDARs/Rios could be
significantly improved if they had a decent web interface.

This is to say that the DDAR would run a web server, that would allow a
walk-through of the "on-LCD" menu system, but optimised for a
full
screen display, rather than the LCD.

Now, DDARs run Linux, and AIUI, an open-source MP3 player. In fact, the
only really proprietary bit of the software is the LCD driver.

Does anyone out there feel that they have the nouse to re-write the
executable image to allow this control?

THIS IS WHERE WE TAKE THE GROUP INTO UNCHARTED WATER....

- I'd potentially be interested in paying someone to do this!
Considering what I'm prepared to pay for other parts of the
HA/HEntertainment system, I don't see why this should be handed to me
free...

Obviously, the price I'd be expected to pay would need to be agreed in
advance, and would depend on whether this was something you wrote and
sold me a licence for, or you subcontracted to me, so that I ended up
owning the source code and the exclusive rights...

.... my _guess_ is that there's a market for some enterprising Unix
person to issue this as paid shareware...

Comments?

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher