RE: Outlook Central

>I mean outlook 2000.
>Can I not just map to my files on a network drive ?

yes you can, see my previous reply....

>do I need to have exchange server ?

*Need* doesn't seem to come into it on this list :-)

If its just a couple of email accounts exchange could be considered
overkill..

I personally now run outlook 2000 and a POP3 server - Mercury mail (I only
run the mail server as I have ADSL).

> for exchanger server
>i am told you need windows 2000 server only. seems a bit overkill.
>Also i would like o have web access front end to my outlook files.
>I friend of mine says they have this at his work place.

The web front end is available as part of exchange, but you could look at
other web mail systems, someone on this list is using squirrel mail, and
says its great.... (oh and its free!) This along with a mail server such as
Mercury (also free) would let you have web mail...

HTH

Daniel

This message is confidential and intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s) only and remains the property of
Exchange FS Group plc. You should not disclose its contents
to any other person. If you are not the intended recipient
please notify the sender named above immediately.

Registered Office: Munro House, Portsmouth Road, Cobham,
Surrey, KT11 1TE. Registered in England No. 2596452