RE: CAT5 vs. Wire ---- LESS ----

>Ummm.... didn't I say _secure_ link?

That all depends on who defines it as being secure........ :-) where there
is a will there's a way... (haven't we been here before? :-)

>I'm sure I also mentioned wireless bandwidth approaching that of wired
>too......

>And if everything is on a TCP/IP network, then the only thing you need
worry
>about is interference from your immediate neighbours operating on the
same
>frequency.  Shift round a bit and you can all merrily work in your own
>little wireless worlds.

Interference is more than simply worrying about your neighbours, and what
kit they have, although I agree it is possible to split areas down, pico
cell style. it is also atmospherics, the makeup of the walls in your
house.... and the surrounding landscape.

ATM, you have phones, X10 wireless, WiFi, DECT etc all operating in the
same
frequency range, and all using different standards to communicate.  If
_all_
were TCP/IP'ed then interference should not be a problem as they all talk
the same language & are all part of the same network.....

Umm VOIP...............

or should that be V..O.............I..........................P ?

Again there are many things I would not want to run over Wireless or TCP/IP
voice and HiFi spring to mind as 2 of them.

Wireless will mean more wallwarts too, anything that is a receiver or
transmitter will need a black lump to power them.... (unless you want to
fund Duracell :-)

Daniel (Ex Advanced Voice Services C&W)

I'm sure I also mentioned wireless bandwidth approaching that of wired
too......

And if everything is on a TCP/IP network, then the only thing you need
worry
about is interference from your immediate neighbours operating on the same
frequency.  Shift round a bit and you can all merrily work in your own
little wireless worlds.
ATM, you have phones, X10 wireless, WiFi, DECT etc all operating in the
same
frequency range, and all using different standards to communicate.  If
_all_
were TCP/IP'ed then interference should not be a problem as they all talk
the same language & are all part of the same network.....

arguments.......

Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com