Re: WTB: Tivo

> SWMBO has offered to buy me a Tivo for my burfday.
>
> Anyone know the current cheapest price (and corresponding retailer,
> obviously)?

There have been some good deals around recently but it seems to be getting
more and more difficult to get hold of one for less than RRP (£299).

It's worth having a look in your local Apollo 2000 store (if you have one)
as they had some for sale for £99.99 at the end of last week. It's possible
you'll still find one I suppose.

Mr Tonks (01922 615212) was doing them, delivered, for £199 and had 8 left
as of last Wednesday.

www.linkonline.co.uk has them for £199.50 + delivery.

www.currys.co.uk has them listed at £229.24.

It's worth bearing in mind that quite a lot of these cheap deals are for
older stock and so they may need to have a small (free) mod done to fix a
problem with NICAM. The serial number is in the form xxxx-xxxx-yyyy-xxxx
where the yyyy is the number you're looking for. 601E, 601F and 6020 are
likely to have the NICAM problem. 6021, 6022, 6023 and 6024 should be OK.
It's not something that should put you off buying one though.