From: graham@xxxxxxx [mailto:graham@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 March 2002 10:40
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] UKHA Classifieds site

Well it now appears I have found a method of posting to the group (four
posts using the web interface have failed to materialise) so I can finally
tell you about a little site I put up yesterday. The url is
http://www.solarfish.com/ukha/products.asp
and it allows us to post up and
browse classified ads.

To post you need to logon, username 'ukha' (without quotes) and password
the same as our favourite HA controller. Once logged on you will find that
an icon appears in each section allowing you to create a new product
listing.

I think everything is reasonably intuitive, but let me know if you have any
questions. For the technically minded the site is built using ASP with an
SQL Server database, all updating of the database is via stored procedures
and the internet user on the database only has select access, so don't even
try writing any ASP code to bugger about with it ;-). At the moment only I
have the access to maintain the categories, so please let me know what you
would like to see, in the future I will give others access to this too.

Future enhancements include the following:
- password recorded against product listing so that seller can update and
delete it
- hidden email address and ability to send an email to the seller without
seeing their address (at the moment email addresses are displayed)
- front page display of ten most recent product listings.

Let me know if you want to see anything else, but I can't promise rapid
turn around for major changes.

Regards

Graham

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx