Re: Video Streaming

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Video Streaming
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 09:47:32 -0000

Another common problem I find with many viewers is not having the
latest CODECs installed. MP is supposed to download the latest
versions automatically from the MS download site but in my
experience, this can often fail. This is especially true when using
v8 CODECs. The symptoms are black video screen (i.e. no video) but
audio (if any) will play. Most times this is fixed by downloading
and installing WMP 7.1 but I have seen a number of cases where the
existing player had to be removed and re-installed. The CODEC
package is also available separately for download from MS download
site (see below).

As to the embedding - take Ian's offer if you haven't already! There
are also loads of examples and tutorial sites on the Internet to
help, just search under 'embedding media player'. I also found the
MS MP 7.1 Resource Kit really useful and contains samples and a help
system.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp

Setting this all up can take a bit of effort - hope this helps a bit
more.

Paul.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Ian Davidson" <ian@g...> wrote:
> Hi Simon
>
> I was just on my way out with swmbo when I sent the previous post
so it was
> a quick answer. You can view the output of the encoder in a
browser but you
> need to embed the player into the html page. If that's what you
are needing
> to do you can leach my cam page and just alter the html to your own
> requirements. Let me know and I can send you the address if you
need it.

> Ian D

8888 is the port set in WM encoder.

> > Any thoughts ?
> >
> > Simon

Internet). I
> > > run a new media division in a large computer company and use
this as
> > > the output from my studio, streaming to large numbers of
users
via a

<simon.brazier@v...> wrote:
> [...]
my