Viewing more than one channel in more than one room

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Viewing more than one channel in more than one room
  • From: "iain_hallam" <yahoo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 15:13:04 -0000

I've been searching on the net for a while for products that can allow
people in different rooms to watch different TV channels at the same
time. Perhaps there is some football on one channel, a cartoon on
another, Richard and Judy on a third, and some satre on another. Each
member of the family wants to watch their own thing, so they get an
aerial splitter to watch them all. This is the sensible, affordable
and easy way of setting this up.

However...

In the spirit of TiVo and friends, I'd like input on being able to
record two or three channels to a hard disk from the same aerial, and
in the same system, having the ability to wander around the house
moving the picture from TV to TV, then to the computer screen and
taking it with you to a PDA when you go... elsewhere. Thoughts?

- Iain.