RE: IR emitters for Ocelot

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR emitters for Ocelot
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:03:40 -0000

Been away on a course all week but I am back now - and to 600 mails!!

>from
wire with the 3.5 mm plug on the end. If buying an IR LED yourself the
wavelength is around 950 and watch the angle. Get wide angle for flooding
(say 50 degrees) and less for more directional work.

If anyone wants RS stuff that will fit in an envelope just ask as I work
about 300 yards from one and have an account. Postage = cost of stamp!!

You will all be pleased to know I have not been wasting my evenings whilst
away this week. I am making excellent progress on my own UIRT (Universal
Infrared Receiver Transmitter) type thing after failing miserably in trying
to interface to the web available one. More news soon. ;-))

p.s. I now know far too much about IR formats and the pitfalls therein :-((

Ian B