RE: [OT] SQL question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] SQL question
  • From: "Jon Whiten" <jon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:34:08 -0000

Not sure, but why not the following.

When adding the data:
Find the record where (Parent Record) and (Last updated flag) match --
Update to clear flag.  Insert new record with (Last updated flag) set.
Then
you can select all records where the (Last updated flag) is set.

Or have another table that stores the latest child record number for each
given parent record.

Regards,

Jon
http://www.whiten.co.uk/