RE: [OT] SQL question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] SQL question
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:36:16 -0000

> How about using ORDER BY time/date/recordnumber, whatever can
> be used as a distinct incrementing identifier for the child?
>
> Mark.

Thanks Mark

I have not quite got it

Say this is the child data

Parent Date       Comment
1      22/02/02   Some data
1      20/02/02   Some more data with the same parent
2      05/02/02   More data but for a different parent
2      01/02/02   More data for the second parent
3      20/02/02   Data for a third parent

The result set I am after is this
1      22/02/02   Some data
2      05/02/02   More data but for a different parent
3      20/02/02   Data for a third parent

IE the most receint comment only ?

John