Re: Fw: Access Point Name in Orinoco Client Manager {01}

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Fw: Access Point Name in Orinoco Client Manager {01}
  • From: "Stuart Booth" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:57:01 -0000
On 19 Mar 2002, at 8:12, Gareth Cook wrote:

> You'll find these "lost connections" are due to the power
saving feature.
> You can turn it off.

Is that the Card Power Management option in "Edit Configuration"?

It's set to Off (default power consumption and high performance).
The one and only time I have got that Link Test option to light up
still showed up almost total lost messages.

Oh, it's just lit up again, damnable thing and insists on no
connection to the WAP11, despite WEP being off, and my being
able to ping the laptop with the wireless LAN card in it.

Only thing I can't ping is the WAP11 itself for some reason.

Stuart

I wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just been fiddling with my AP. It has once again lost connections
> to the laptop with the PCCard in it, and I had to pull the plug on the
> WAP11 to fix it :((
>
> Anyway, I installed the Client Manager s/w for the Orinoco cards it
> can't pick up the Access Point name - it just says
"Unknown".