RE: IR emitters for Ocelot

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: IR emitters for Ocelot
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:36:27 +0000

Not yet Tim, but I shall do tomorrow...

My problem is I am a more than a little bit backwards when it comes to this
level of electronics knowledge (i.e. matching alternative components..) -
If
I look at the datasheet for these devices I start to get a glazed
expression! - I'm happy enough to solder bits together when someone tells
me
exactly what bits to get, and which bit to solder to which other bit (and
which end of the bits as well if it matters!), but if I have to start
trying
to replace the specified bits with suitable alternatives, well.... I'll end
up buying a 16-segment LED VU meter or some such twaddle instead of 16 IR
LEDs!!!

But at 39p each or whatever, what the hell!! - I'll give it a go!

Cheers.

Paul G.

>From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] IR emitters for Ocelot
>Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:26:16 -0000
>
>Have you tried RS Paul? A quick search using the words IR LED returns 9
>products with both words matching :)
>
>www.rswww.com
>
>Tim

website....

>Any other bright ideas??
>
>Paul G.
>

> >From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
> >To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> >Subject: RE: [ukha_d] IR emitters for Ocelot
> >Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:06:48 -0000
> >
> >http://www.btinternet.com/~diyha/tutorials/ir_emitter.htm
> >
> >M.
> >
> >_____________________________________
> >The UKs Premier Home Automation Site
> >http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
> >_____________________________________

Lets
> >Automate is £11.16 (and I will need a few of them!)
> >
> >I'm sure I *must* be able to do it cheaper, and I'm sure it must
be
> >something I could easily DIY... - if it really is as simple as
>soldering
> >an
> >IR LED to a bit of 2-core wire and the other end to a 2.5mm mono
jack
> >plug,
> >then I could certainly manage that...
> >
> >I just need a bit of advice about the choice of parts, but there
are
> >plenty
> >of people here in UKHA who do a fair bit with DIY LED stuff, so
I'm
>sure
> >
> >such advice will be readily available and rapidly forthcoming....
(hint
> >hint) ;-)
> >
> >Cue Keith "the Guru" Doxey, and Ian "IR
Extender" Bird....

> >Cheers.
> >
> >Paul G.
> >

> > >From: "Jim" <jim@xxxxxxx>
> > >To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> > >Subject: Re: [ukha_d] IR emitters for Ocelot
> > >Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:24:33 -0600
> > >
> > >Yes all emitters are interchangable
> > >
> > >The problem exists with an IR receiver. Xantech is 12 volt
and Ocelot
> > >is 5 volt
> > >
> > >I forgot I was suppose to send you one..:-)  What is the cost
on Lets
> > >Automate
> > >
> > >Jim

10063"