Re: OT - Network setup

I tried using win2k with dial on demand and found that when the client machine w98 or w95 booted up it initiated a call to the internet even though it wasn't required so I built a smoothwall box and now use that.

 But as another suggestion you could use winvnc but as a tip once you have initiated the connection using the winvnc window shut this window down as it may cause some slowdown of data transfer to the client pc, or at least it did in my case.

Paul H

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor