RE: Who turned out my lights ? (Thanks)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Who turned out my lights ? (Thanks)
  • From: "Tony Butler" <tony@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 23:05:48 -0000

Title: Message
Check out www.dyndns.org for the dynamic IP stuff.

Tony
-----Original Message-----
From: Eamon O Gorman [mailto:eamonogorman@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 15 March 2002 22:44
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: Re: [ukha_d] Who turned out my lights ? (Thanks)

Thanks all for the test. It seems I now have a way of having a permanent internet connection (seeing as we are not fortunate enough to have adsl etc in Ireland yet), with acces to hv webserver. A couple of questions for you it experts aout there however seeing as its a risky path I am treading.

Firstly, it is dynamic IP addressing I have (although gprs connection should be reliable enough for it to remain pretty constant as it only changes if I get disconnected for some reason). Anyway, I heard a while back that there was aservice available where you could get a url which will automatically pint to your Ip address, even if it changes. Can anyone tell me a bit more about this ?

Secondly, Security, what do I need to do ? I am a complete novice at this, so go easy on me please..

And finally, security related, did anyone have any probs setting up the password on HV webserver, as mine did not seem to work (would not accept the passsword I had entered) ?

Thanks,
Eamon