RE: WAP11 Problem

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: WAP11 Problem
  • From: "Doug Hendry" <doug_hendry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:51:55 -0000

Nik,

Yes it makes sense. My problem turned out to be that the multi network manager on my laptop was trying to use a fixed IP in the 192.168.0.x range whereas the AP (and the rest of my network) was on 192.168.1.x. I had changed all my network to 192.168.1.x recently when I had ISDN installed and this is the one setting I had not updated. Of course when I installed the Orinoco card and rebooted, my laptop went AWOL !

Simple change of IP on the laptop and it was up and running.

Thanks for the help.

Doug