Multitainer

  • To: "Newsgroups" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Multitainer
  • From: "Future-Homes" <paul@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:14:58 -0000

Quinten

The PCI slots I guess are full size but not sure on that one as I said im
no
computer whiz but to me looks like most cards would fit,unfortunately would
take me a while to get cover off now as unit is all plumbed in.

Ok to expand slightly this is what I have done with it now.

The unit sits in my office with all amps PC's and all the other boxes and
mountains of leads.

I have 2 SVHS cables from the main control amp (Sony 50ES) to my lounge TV
33" and my sitting room TV 29". I have a 10M optical cable to the
lounge. In
the lounge I have my main 5.1 amp which can play and switch everything from
the office and also output back to the office my main CD and minidisk and
Sat/VCR/DVD etc.The office can take these sources and pump to the sitting
room,bedroom and bathroom as well as office. With me so far??

So I can now watch the fujitsu in both sitting room and lounge via 10M SVHS
cables so take that into account and various amps switching signals. IR
control is via xantech receivers in both lounge and sitting room which go
back to office and link to homevision. HV has control of everything IR in
the house.

So thats how im testing this set up.

Now I have just been watching Jurassic Park 3 in the sitting room and the
picture is great. Perfectly watchable.Control is easy and quick with no
misses.Sound was excellent although I am down mixing the DTS to stereo as I
only have 2 speakers but the bose AM15 sounded Great.Sony ES amp seems to
like them.

I have seen no nasty effects from DVD playback but dont forget im not picky
however im hoping Phil Harris will call tomorrow and cast his professional
eye over and maybe report back to newsgroup.

Yes there is normal line out.

Hope this helps everyone.

Paul