Multitainer The Facts!

  • To: "Newsgroups" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Multitainer The Facts!
  • From: "Future-Homes" <paul@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:15:57 -0000

As an owner of a multitainer already maybe I can shed a little light on
pro's and cons for real. Now im no computer whiz so this is straight and
honest in my opinion.

Looks

I like it as its black, its sexy and very techky looking. Will look great
in
my dell 19" rack when I finally get it...

Build

Not bad at all.2 spare PCI slots.

Audio

Quality is very good although a little quieter for some reason than my
audigy which I was comparing it to. I use coaxial out so no volume controls
that I could see. Mp3 works great.

DVD

Not bad on monitor, SVHS is very good but Sony 725 understandably is still
better.

Monitor

Crap! I seem to have lines down left side that although faint get on my
nerves, this maybe a fault in the monitor. Picture does seem blurred to me.
Running another PC on it now @1024X768 at 60hrz and its just about ok. Does
not like higher refresh rates. Graphics card incase anyone cares is a
voodoo
3.

Keyboard

Keyboard is nice in feel but mine does not work. Mouse works but keyboard
does not,havnt got to currys yet to get them to sort out the problem, may
even be some silly setting somewhere.

Mouse remote

Like this alot.easily pleased me.

Noise Level

Ants fart louder than this.

Plans.

This unit will act as a graphic interface through SVHS on all TV's. The
mouse remote and maybe pronto if that can emulate it will be used to
navigate but will be working with Dan hopefully to sort mouse control out
later. May even use DVD to do something which may be pulling ripped DVD's
>from
main one.

General.

If I had know about buying them for £200 without monitor I would have
brought as many as possible. I think at that price you could put one with
every telly around the house, network them to your server and have mp3/dvd
and web control as well as ace etc.Who needs multi room and running all
those different cables just cat 5 and one of these in each room and what
more could you ever need (well can thing of one thing at least but not on
this newsgroup)
Like it haven't had enough time to try anything special  but if someone has
anything they would like tried out email me direct and I will try my best.

Any questions again email me direct.

Ace works well too.

One last thought if only tivo could dump all recorded video to hard disc
then maybe this unit could also playback video in each room. Now that would
be great.

Have had an idea!!!

Paul