Firewall : WAS Re: was BabyCam now hacking

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Firewall : WAS Re: was BabyCam now hacking
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul_watkin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:05:54 -0000

Daniel,

There will be other stuff hanging off the network, Tivo (if i go that
route), Audiotron, webcam, comfort (once the module is available in
the UK) and some other toys.

I guess these would need some form of protection from the outside
world or do they?

Paul

--- In ukha_d@y..., "James, Daniel" <daniel.james@e...>
wrote:
> Or take a look at...
>
> www.tinysoftware.com
>
> I use their personal firewall, I've found it alot easier to install
and
> configure than Zonealarm, as you can easily edit the rules.
>
> Its free for private individuals. so I guess in your setup you
would install
> it on each machine.
>
> And would do away with the need for  additional machine running,
and setting
> up an unfamiliar OS.
>

> Daniel

information,