RE: Radiator efficiency...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Radiator efficiency...
  • From: "James Hoye" <james.hoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:01:24 -0000

> Can anyone tell me if a chromed radiator might reasonably be expected
> radiate heat less efficiently than a white one, and if so, to what
degree?

>from
http://www.screwfix.com/product.phtml?7165
http://www.screwfix.com/product.phtml?6899

The white is a claimed 3116BTU, and the chrome 2793BTU.  Would a 10% heat
output difference be that noticable?

> I'm now getting grief from SWMBO that she wants an addiional
> heating source
> in the bathroom... - this comes just days after completing the *major*
> remodelling of the room, - so it's going to be too disruptive to put
in
> underfloor or anything like that. The only additional heating
> that would be
> easy to retrofit would be something in the loft area venting in
> through the
> ceiling, or something in the dead space under the bath (not ideal).
The
> other alternaltive is to replace the current radiator with a
> larger one....
>
> Anyone got any bright ideas?

Change SWMBO?
Kickspace heater (fan assisted)?  Obviously this would need to conform to
all the regs. etc.

James H