RE: OT: SKY Digital Install

>When Mr Sky installer turns up to install my dish, will he come with
>a pre-terminated coax cable or do they use field terminations??

He'll make the connections up on the fly.

>Reason being I have already run the cables (CT100) and now need to
>know if I need to terminate them or if he will? (My skills
>connectorising Coax tend to be a bit hit and miss!)

Where have you run the cables to?

Mr Sky won't go up a long ladder, and will only install at ground floor
level. Oh and he'll have to have direct line of sight to the southern skys
too... :-)
(They are a piccy bunch!!)

>If I have to connectorise myself can someone recommend a quality
>supplier for the Male F type connectors

Satcure, TLC, Maplins etc... they are all pretty much the same in my
experience.

>and also a dual F type wall
>plate in white (Sorry haven't got away from cheap looking plastic
>yet!), my experience of aerial sockets leads me to believe such
>things are not all created equal.

Don't use wall plates!!! - Sky do not like them being used, and they tend
run the cable from the dish to the back of the digibox without a split.
(see
the article below)

The main problem with wall plates is the signal is unscreened at the
termination, so you can have real problems with interference on your
ordinary TV.

The easy answer is to either buy one of these plates from Satcure, or make
it up yourself, with a white blank, and some F connectors and couplers:

Read this: http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/interf.htm

and Wallplates are here (about halfway down)
http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page4.htm

HTH

Daniel

This message is confidential and intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s) only and remains the property of
Exchange FS Group plc. You should not disclose its contents
to any other person. If you are not the intended recipient
please notify the sender named above immediately.

Registered Office: Munro House, Portsmouth Road, Cobham,
Surrey, KT11 1TE. Registered in England No. 2596452