RE: BabyCam

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: BabyCam
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:09:26 -0000

You only have to open OUTGOING ports on the firewall.

I don't have a problem with that. My standard rulebase allows outbound
connection on ANY port.

What I _don't_ want to do is open INCOMING ones.

On the "who would bother" question - a lot of hacking attempts
these
days aren't directed. They're script puppies running probes against
blocks of IP addresses ;-(

I agree - the company websites I'm responsible for are much jucier
targets than my home LAN, and maybe I'm a bit obsessive about the
security model for home compared to most people ;-)