Multiple video display on a PC monitor

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Multiple video display on a PC monitor
  • From: shirdasht <shirdasht@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:48:43 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I wish to build a simple monitoring system for
home surveillance by my PC.
To do that I want to purchase some video card
which can get video signal from two cameras and show
it on my
PC monitor. I need to view both video inputs in two
windows at
the same time. And also wish to be able to record one
of them
in Mpeg 2 format while viewing both. I also would like
to be able to
program the cards by my own code for special purposes
such
as time laps recording.

Now the problem is here: HOW?! ;-I
Is it possible to install two video cards at the same
time and if so
which brand is the best?
Or should I try to find a single card with two video
inputs? If this is true what brand is the best?

Any idea is welcome :-) please feel free to contact me
even if you feel that's offtopic.