RE: AD10's - Whats the biggest load you're switching?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: AD10's - Whats the biggest load you're switching?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:03:57 -0000

No. Not yet.

Its turning the load OFF that can cause the problem as the contacts can arc when opening. With an Immersion heater, there is a strong possibility that the load is already off because of its built in thermostat therefore there will be no arcing and it should last for a long time.

I fitted mine in November 1999 and it has been switching at least twice a day since then so by my estimation that is around 2000 times so far including the manual "boost" we tend to do 2 or 3 times a week.

My "Boost" macro turns it on for 90 minutes, the tank takes about 70-80 minutes to heat from cold so the load is already off when HomeVision turns the module off

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv