Re: ukha_ list

I assume you didn't mean this to go to the list Pedro?  I'm replying to the
list anyway.

> I am writing to you as (I think) you are the moderator of ukha_d.
Could
you
> either kick Gerard McGovern off the list or give him a caution as his
> behaviour is now getting out of hand.

I have already given Mr McGovern a "yellow card" last week (from
memory).  I
don't want to be doing that kinda thing though because it can be seen
(rightly) as a pompous and superiour attitude from me...and that's not the
sort if thing I want to do.  Indeed it's the lack of that which sets our
little community apart from the newsgroups that are so full of people like
that.

> out of hand but all things considered I don't think Gerard has the
right
> attitude for a discussion.  Points I have spotted are he says things
as if
> his word is the "defacto standard" and that just gets
peoples backs up,
> especially when they know what they are talking about (as is Phils
case).

I do feel that Gerard does seem to be very confrontational with his posts.
I had hoped he would calm down a bit, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I don't want to get into throwing people out and "telling them
off" though.
Lets all just join hands and sing John Lenon songs :)

> I really think they either need to take it off list or stop completely
as
it
> makes reading the list unpleasant. If I were a newbie and had recently
> joined the list, I would be afraid to ask a question thinking I may
get
> flamed for asking something this chap doesn't agree with.

Agreed.

> These are just my thoughts so feel free to ignore them.

I have several other private emails from the regulars along the same lines.

> I hope you are the moderator or else I have just made a big tit out of
> myself.

Apart from posting to the list....well...mabe just a little tit then.  LOL
:)

M.