RE: Anyone seen the Panny LCD TVs in the flesh

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Anyone seen the Panny LCD TVs in the flesh
  • From: "Gerard McGovern" <stuff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:25:02 -0000

> > Just because one can afford the asking price does not
> > therefore mean you chuck all notion of value out of the=20
> > window. The Panasonic is not worth =A31,200 and that is why I=20
> > wouldn't buy it, even though I could afford the asking price.
>=20
> The Panasonic maybe isn't worth =A31,200 to *YOU* ...

Read what I wrote ... "and that is why *I* wouldn't buy it". *I*.
Not
you, not Tim, but me.

> ... A secondhand TVR isn't worth =A319,000 to my missus ...
>=20
> ... I have a =A312,500 CRT projector and a =A32,500 video scaler=20
> ... Do I have to sell it because you think it's not worth the money?

Did I say that? Why do you have to make everything so confrontational?

> > Surely this list is full of people who prefer doings things
> > their own way to gain the maximum ammout of value from their=20
> > money and the highest degree of customization?
>=20
> Tim (in some ways) is in an enviable position as he can=20
> afford to do things in whichever way he wishes and if Tim=20
> thinks that a 15" (or 22") widescreen LCD TV would suit
his=20
> situation then who are you to decide that just because you=20
> think it's too expensive someone alse shouldn't buy one?

You have a way of my twisting words and presenting them in a way that is
far from the truth.

Once again you seem to think that once you have a certain amount of
money then gained value for money from something no long applies.

All I was doing was offering an opinion, a different point of view. Did
I say Tim shouldn't buy one? No, I just offerred by opinion and
highlighted a possible option where you could spend less money and get a
better system. From your responses, I now wish I hadn't bothered trying
to help.

=BA =95 =BA =95 =BA =95 =BA =95 =BA =95 =BA =95 =BA =95 =BA =95
Gerard McGovern
Webmonkey to the stars

gerard@xxxxxxx
http://www.inkiboo.com

=BA =95 =BA =95 =BA =95 =BA =95 =BA =95 =BA =95 =BA =95 =BA =95