RE: Anyone seen the Panny LCD TVs in the flesh

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Anyone seen the Panny LCD TVs in the flesh
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:47:00 -0000

From: Gerard McGovern [mailto:stuff@xxxxxxx]=20
Sent: 11 March 2002 14:36
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Anyone seen the Panny LCD TVs in the flesh

> personally i'd disagree with the statement about PC LCD monitors not
> having good colour rendition. i have 2 LCD panels that have been
Pantone
> calibrated, something which requires far more accuracy than displaying
video.

And how much do those monitors cost to buy and have calibrated? I'll bet
they're not =A3400 15" LCD jobs...

> in fact, i've just seen the price of the panasonic ... =A31,200. you
are
having a laugh.

No ... I'm not. Panasonic are.

> the panasonic may look nice, but for less money than the panasonic, i
could
> go and buy a 18 inch flat panel and use it as a tv. i know which one
i'd prefer.

But you're not the kind of person they're targetting ... They are after
the kind of person who may go out and buy a B&O hifi because they want
something that sounds good but is stylish. It's a lifestyle product and
if you can afford the asking price then why not buy it if it gives you
the solution you're after?

Phil