RE: Ring main question

Paul Helliwell [mailto:g0kao@xxxxxxx]
wrote:
> Basically Twin+E usually 2.5mm squared (carnt do symbol for squared)
> starts at one fuse in fuse box and then goes to each socket in turn
> and then from the last socket back to the same fuse in the fusebox.
>
> For IEE wiring regulations try http://www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/
> lots of info can be obtained.

Thanks for the info, I was pretty sure it wasnt't wired correctly.
I'm not sure if its just the fuse box that is wired wrongly on some
dogey join between two rings.  I guess I can check if two wires are
terminating in each fuse.

I've had a look on that site, and it seems they want money for most of
the PDFs.  I'm going to see if I can find more info elsewhere.

David Buckley [mailto:db@xxxxxxx] wrote:
> Very bad
> Presumably 2 x 32A breakers feeding a common ring, massive overload
> potential, fires etc.
> Expert advice needed.

Worrying.  Are you saying that the ring is less likely to trip because
of the two fuses, So then the cables become overloaded and start to
burn? I'll let my mate know that he *SHOULD* invest in a good leccky
to get this sorted.

I saw a tv program a few weeks ago, about various dodgey so called
electrical engineers.  For the sting they'd setup loads of cameras
in the house and then just swapped two fuses over in the box.  One
of the engineers decided to put a lighter to the fuses, making them
look all burned to scare the owner that her house could catch fire
unless she paid him for lots of money to fix it.

Hopefully he'll be able to find someone he knows to do the work.

Thanks for your help

Rob
--
/ ___   / /  /  / __    / _____ HOME: chas@xxxxxxx

If you have received this email in error please let us know by e-mail reply
and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose
its contents to anyone.  Please note that any views or opinions presented
in
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of MMT Computing plc.  Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  MMT Computing plc accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.