Re: Smoothwall

> Right that's it - I'm going to smoothwall - Zonealarm is kak!!!
> I've heard so many people talking about it that it has to be a good
> thing. After going to the smoothwall site it seems that it's a linux
> distro . is this right?  So I have decided to put my dusty AMD 100
back
> into operation. What I would like to know is how much disk space
> smoothwall needs.  Since I don't have any spare disks for the
> smoothwall machine I would need to get one - now I can get cheap (£2)
> 200Mb hard drives but how much space would smoothwall need and could I
> get away with 200Mb??  Does smoothwall do internet connection sharing?
> Does it do port forwarding??

I've been following developements on Smoothwall for a while now on the one
of the Linux newsgroups. It seems that the developer is a bit of an idiot
and has upset a lot of ppl who where trying to fix (what seems like) a lot
of holes in Smoothwall. From what's been said Smoothwall looks a bit
dangerous to use as frontline defense, unless you really know what you're
doing and can fix/set it up properly.

Just my 2p.
Lee.

PS. What makes you says ZA is kak?