Re: Re: Will I ever learn , TV out Question..

> On the upside of it, my replacement PC is an upgraded model.... TV
OUT,
and
> 1.7G processor, and 256M ram, as opposed to 1.3g 128M ram with no TV
out,
so
> tge glass is half full so to speak...
>
>   Anyway, on the TV out question, anyone using this for any
interesting
> purposes ?

Yup - see sig.  I started to cannibalise an old VCR for a case yesterday -
everything looks like it'll fit.

> I have an RF modualtor, which I was thinking of using to display
> pc screen on all telly's in the house. What I need I suppose is a lead
which
> converts it to a phono lead. I could make one up if I knew the
opinouts on
> the PC side ?

What sort of connector do you have on the modulator side, and what's the
connector on the PC?  I have a phono connector on the PC and two 3.5mm (?)
jacks and a phono on the modulator.  I just soldered a few wires onto the
connectors for the modulator, and put phono and 3.5mm connectors on to plug
into the soundcard and TV out.  The modulator I used required 5vdc which I
got by cannibalising a fan lead.  The modulator then had 3 wires which
connected to the PC - sound, video and power.  After all that, I made up a
SCART lead for better quality ;-)

> Does anyone know what they are ? Also, what would be the best
> way of controlling the PC from rooms with a telly, if I manage to get
TV
> picture displayed ?

Myself, I use a wireless keyboard with a pointing device built in.  It uses
infra-red, so should work with an IR repeater system (IR not IrDA).  It was
£35 from Maplin (there's a direct link in the current spec section on
my
site).  You could always use an X10 remote which has a pointing device
built-in.  As a bonus, it uses RF so should work from any room.  It's also
£35 from what I've seen.

HTH,
Andy
--